Everyone is adjusting their workplace for COVID-19 and the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) understands that federal contractors are trying to remain productive and are finding innovative ways to continue the work they do. In a continued effort to provide contractors with resources on how to remain in compliance, OFCCP is sharing accommodation strategies from the Job Accommodation Network (JAN) and Employer Assistance and Resource Network on Disability Inclusion (EARN).
JAN issued a blog article on “Accommodation Strategies for Returning to Work During the COVID-19 Pandemic”. It provides employers reopening with some general strategies on accommodations for employees with disabilities who return to work during the pandemic. Contractors can find in the article a list of strategies for these top three categories:
- General solutions for limiting the risk of exposure to the coronavirus
- Solutions to address physical distancing needs
- Solutions to address communication needs
JAN is a free resource that provides expert guidance on workplace accommodations and disability employment issues.
The Employer Assistance and Resource Network on Disability Inclusion (EARN) is another free resource that educates employers seeking to recruit, hire, retain and advance qualified employees with disabilities. EARN provides employers with the following resources on accommodations and more:
- How to Increase Disability Inclusion with Centralized Accommodation Programs
- A Checklist for Employers to Facilitate Hiring of People with Disabilities through eRecruiting
- Employer Success Stories a COVID-19 Response Story